Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Midcentury Modern Swedish Serving Dishes

I don't know if it's the economy or what, but I have found some unbelievable deals in antique stores lately. These serving trays are probably the coolest things in my house, and I got them both for a steal!

Both sets are from the Swedish Smithy, whose steel is the envy of the world, they say. They look like they were wedding gifts that got tucked in the back of a closet or something and never used. Both were still in their original gift boxes, and they look like they are brand new. The one with the bowls pivots in the center for different display options.

I found them at Antiques & More in Lawrence, KS. The bowls were $20 and the trays were $12. To make this find even more exciting, I searched them on ebay when I got home and found one of them, the exact same set of small trays... for $120! Go me!

I also recently adopted this lovely red bird from the Rivermarket Antique Mall in Kansas City, MO for $12. Another great mid-century modern accessory! Now I need a proper table to display these pieces on!

No comments:

Post a Comment